Faces of Fair Trade
Fair Trade Stories
This summer salad is perfect for your Labor Day picnic and a great way to use up tomatoes that you may have growing in your backyard (or that are in available in abundance at the farmer’s market!) The recipe features maftoul–hand-rolled couscous made in Israel by women cooperatives. Organic...
Twice a year we travel to New York City for the NyNow Gift Show. We rely on these short, but action-packed, trips to keep growing our connections with our fair trade partners. They are the direct connection to all the artisans who make the products we carry and are…
Many of the items we carry are like works of art, and some are even signed by the creator. This unique feature gives each product its own story and brings the chain of trade full circle.
With so many visitors from all over the world every year, we decided to design a few products that would help people remember their trip to Bar Harbor and still represent the creative handcrafted work of the talented artisans we work with. We love the fact that fair trade…
Perhaps the biggest fair trade myth is the misconception that fair trade refers only to coffee and for products, when in reality there are thousands of unique fair trade products ranging from spices, baby bibs, coffins, grapes, vodka, boxers & more. You just have to seek them out!
Summer is a great time to get in the fair trade frame of mind. Whether you make a batch of fair trade sun tea, take a pocket disc to the beach, or keep an eye out for fair trade products as you travel, it’s easy to fair trade…
Here are 10 reasons to shop fair trade you might not have thought of. Fair trade is more than just a marketing ploy used to sell more products. When we buy fair trade products we know they truly have a positive impact.
We talk to many people each day in our fair trade stores, and we want to clarify some common myths that circulate about fair trade. The first is the myth that fair trade products cost more. Read more to see how we debunk this common misconception.
Wedding Gifts & Registry
Whether you’re shopping for wedding gifts for family or friends or looking for yourself, there are lots of fair trade options. Need a wedding registry? You can easily set up a wishlist on our site, give your list a name and share it with your family and friends. Just click on any product to begin!Wedding Gifts
Tweets from the shop floor
- Fair Trade bottled water?! That's right, Castle Rock Water is now certified by Fair for Life Social & Fair Trade... http://t.co/udqQfxTBXQ
- If it's still hot where you are, give this legit cold-brew coffee recipe a try from Fair Trade Certified. It... http://t.co/tkCgeSK923
- There are so many amazing tomatoes available right now at farmers markets everywhere or maybe in your backyard!... http://t.co/S3phpNMv8V
- "When you buy something made by a person, there is something special there, and you do feel it. The consciousness... http://t.co/LMQDiR4R7s
- These are so neat - night lights made from leaves. They're so cute! Hopefully coming to a Fair Trade Winds near... http://t.co/poLXobcyt3
- New blog post on the faces of fair trade and our bi-annual trips to NYC for the NyNow Gift Show where we get to... http://t.co/8gQQi7tFUo
- The Faces of Fair Trade http://t.co/XRocKiyl9n
- An Indian journalist's response to the ice bucket challenge: donate a bucket of rice to someone who needs it.... http://t.co/aoAeOBbQVW
- What do you think of our first YouTube video? This video attempts to answer a F.A.Q. in our stores: "How do you... http://t.co/PdlFESQnHO
- We all know dark #chocolate benefits us because it makes us happy, but new studies are proving it's good for our... http://t.co/kpWCpzyely
Fair Trade Winds
Welcome to Fair Trade Winds, a family owned and operated independent fair trade store. We have seven stores across the country that all carry a variety of practical fair trade gifts that are handmade by talented artisans from around the world. Discover unique, sustainable products from over 100 fair trade producer groups.Find the Perfect Fair Trade Gift
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is a system of trade that focuses on transparency, respect and equality. We support fair trade because we believe it is important to consider the lives and livelihood of the people who make the things we buy. Fair Trade ensures a fair, living wage, a healthy, safe and non-discriminatory work environment, and a commitment to building long-term partnerships that dignify an artisan’s work.Fair Trade Stories