Faces of Fair Trade
Fair Trade Stories
It is a common misconception that fair trade is a form of charity. While it does help artisans working in developing countries break the cycle of poverty, fair trade does not rely on handouts.
This summer salad is perfect for your Labor Day picnic and a great way to use up tomatoes that you may have growing in your backyard (or that are in available in abundance at the farmer’s market!) The recipe features maftoul–hand-rolled couscous made in Israel by women cooperatives. Organic...
Twice a year we travel to New York City for the NyNow Gift Show. We rely on these short, but action-packed, trips to keep growing our connections with our fair trade partners. They are the direct connection to all the artisans who make the products we carry and are…
Many of the items we carry are like works of art, and some are even signed by the creator. This unique feature gives each product its own story and brings the chain of trade full circle.
With so many visitors from all over the world every year, we decided to design a few products that would help people remember their trip to Bar Harbor and still represent the creative handcrafted work of the talented artisans we work with. We love the fact that fair trade…
Perhaps the biggest fair trade myth is the misconception that fair trade refers only to coffee and for products, when in reality there are thousands of unique fair trade products ranging from spices, baby bibs, coffins, grapes, vodka, boxers & more. You just have to seek them out!
Summer is a great time to get in the fair trade frame of mind. Whether you make a batch of fair trade sun tea, take a pocket disc to the beach, or keep an eye out for fair trade products as you travel, it’s easy to fair trade…
Here are 10 reasons to shop fair trade you might not have thought of. Fair trade is more than just a marketing ploy used to sell more products. When we buy fair trade products we know they truly have a positive impact.
Wedding Gifts & Registry
Whether you’re shopping for wedding gifts for family or friends or looking for yourself, there are lots of fair trade options. Need a wedding registry? You can easily set up a wishlist on our site, give your list a name and share it with your family and friends. Just click on any product to begin!Wedding Gifts
Tweets from the shop floor
- Is it just us or does this look like a perfect #Seahawks bag?! #seattle #carryacause http://t.co/1jHuaApuKf
- Is it just us or does this look like a perfect #Seahawks bag?! #seattle #carryacause http://t.co/5rfRzZ1uiX
- Supporting #FairTrade can be a great outlet for social justice programs. Get your congregation involved and start... http://t.co/ejD4InENMu
- Hershey is using cell phones to provide information to cocoa farmers and answer their questions in hopes of... http://t.co/xWuJdRPkQV
- Thanks for including our new Ballard location in your "Fair Trade Fresh: Where to Shop the Good Stuff in... http://t.co/jLGW9yP0o9
- It's a common myth that #FairTrade is charity, but fair trade does not rely on handouts. http://t.co/Pxi2fdsOg8 http://t.co/opPAVpP6d1
- It's a common myth that #FairTrade is charity, but fair trade does not rely on handouts. http://t.co/Pxi2fdsOg8
- We love that our #FairTrade partners invest in women, which leads to a better future for their children. This is... http://t.co/8ehHmz7y7K
- With a name like Summer's End, this fair trade necklace is a must right about now! Hold on to summer :)... http://t.co/NeKxIa6U3a
- Apparently some coffee companies are using fillers like wheat, corn, acai, twigs and other weird stuff. Just... http://t.co/IpN2F39CZN
- Great infographic showing all the Fair Trade Federation stores and cafes! Take a look! Pass it on; tell your... http://t.co/d4Z7jshuZj
Fair Trade Winds
Welcome to Fair Trade Winds, a family owned and operated independent fair trade store. We have seven stores across the country that all carry a variety of practical fair trade gifts that are handmade by talented artisans from around the world. Discover unique, sustainable products from over 100 fair trade producer groups.Find the Perfect Fair Trade Gift
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is a system of trade that focuses on transparency, respect and equality. We support fair trade because we believe it is important to consider the lives and livelihood of the people who make the things we buy. Fair Trade ensures a fair, living wage, a healthy, safe and non-discriminatory work environment, and a commitment to building long-term partnerships that dignify an artisan’s work.Fair Trade Stories