Fair Trade Stories
1. Make a batch of fair trade sun tea using one of Fair Trade Winds’ favorite recipes. There is something extra-special about sipping iced tea brewed by the sun! 2. I scream, you scream, we all scream for fair trade ice cream! Ben & Jerry’s is committed to sourcing...
Here are 10 reasons to shop fair trade you might not have thought of. Fair trade is more than just a marketing ploy used to sell more products. When we buy fair trade products we know they truly have a positive impact.
We talk to many people each day in our fair trade stores, and we want to clarify some common myths that circulate about fair trade. The first is the myth that fair trade products cost more. Read more to see how we debunk this common misconception.
In the first installment of our “Conversations” series, we interview the founder of Malia Designs. She talks about her recent visit to Cambodia, how they develop new products and the important work their partner NGO does to stop human trafficking.
It’s Cactus takes the time to truly connect with every individual they work with, appreciating the unique approach and creativity of each metal artist. One artist named Cineus says, “My dream is to succeed in all activities I undertake in my like as an artist and as…
Eangee Home Design works with a small group of artisans in the Philippines to create wonderful home accent lighting that is both eco-friendly and modern. They are some of the coolest lamps you’ll ever see—the highlight is that they are made from real leaves!
What better way to welcome some winged beauties into your yard than with a whimsical felt birdhouse? They are made entirely with sustainably harvested materials and the birds love them! Read more to see a before and after of a birdhouse in action.
We attended the world premiere of “Connected by Coffee” in April and whether or not you love coffee, we highly recommend it! An inspiring look at two fair trade companies as they visit their farmer partners. As one farmer says, “The more cups of coffee sold, the…
I discovered your store in Fairfax when I was on a business trip. I love your store and wish there is one here in NJ. I hope you can post more of your things online so i can see them here since I probably won't be back in Fairfax! Really like the concept of your store and your sales team are very professional and patient.Samdri T. New Jersey
Fair trade products that satisfy on SO MANY LEVELS!Lisa L. Boulder, CO
I'm fairly certain that Momentum is the coolest shop on the planet. My husband and I dropped a lot of money here, but also got a lot of neat things as gifts and for ourselves. Keep in mind that everything in the store is fair trade certified, which means it's all ethically sourced and something you can definitely feel good about purchasing (unlike a lot of other goods). They have beautiful bracelets and other jewelry (I got a few of the Tagua bracelets for myself & family members), home decor items, bags, paper goods, and much more.Carrie O. Longmont, CO
Wedding Gifts & Registry
Whether you’re shopping for wedding gifts for family or friends or looking for yourself, there are lots of fair trade options. Need a wedding registry? You can easily set up a wishlist on our site, give your list a name and share it with your family and friends. Just click on any product to begin!Wedding Gifts
Tweets from the shop floor
- Our necklace door with so many #fairtrade friends! #neckcandy #ballard #comeonin http://t.co/XyCGkpuG0s
- Are you ready, #Ballard? We are! See you on Friday 8/1 at 11 am! #fairtrade #newstore #seattle #home… http://t.co/81UoujpIkf
- Women artisans in Kyrgyzstan hand make our lovely Craftspring ornaments. Check out the process here! http://t.co/9xcOtqTo5z
- Have you seen our ZuluGrass jewelry up close? (Yup - grass!) Beautifully #Handmade in #Kenya. http://t.co/HNw6NG5kOu
- Jonah rode the rails this weekend sporting his #globalmamas sun hat & shirt. What kind of #fairtrade… http://t.co/zeXhyGn1T1
- Garden sale going on at our #Springfield, #Fairfax and #Jamestown stores. 25% off birdhouses, chimes and more! http://t.co/o43JkcW9nm
- Happy Hump Day! In need of chocolate bar pick-me-up? We've got you covered! http://t.co/L5mRxzmIbm
- Hey #Seattle! Last couple days to grab your fav #FairTrade gifts at 25% off before we move to #Ballard. http://t.co/S4kyS2PxZm
Fair Trade Winds
Welcome to Fair Trade Winds, a family owned and operated independent fair trade store. We have seven stores across the country that all carry a variety of practical fair trade gifts that are handmade by talented artisans from around the world. Discover unique, sustainable products from over 100 fair trade producer groups.Find the Perfect Fair Trade Gift
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is a system of trade that focuses on transparency, respect and equality. We support fair trade because we believe it is important to consider the lives and livelihood of the people who make the things we buy. Fair Trade ensures a fair, living wage, a healthy, safe and non-discriminatory work environment, and a commitment to building long-term partnerships that dignify an artisan’s work.Fair Trade Stories