Faces of Fair Trade
Fair Trade Stories
October is Fair Trade Month! It’s time to celebrate! There are tons of ways you can join the festivities this month. Check out some great giveaways from cool fair trade organizations.
Myth: Fair trade products are low quality. Fact: fair trade products are lovingly handmade & unique. Read more to see how we debunk this common misconception.
Here are 5 reason to eat fair trade chocolate, including the lack of child labor, protection of the planet, and of course, it tastes great! Read more.
It is a common misconception that fair trade is a form of charity. While it does help artisans working in developing countries break the cycle of poverty, fair trade does not rely on handouts. Read more on the blog!
This summer salad is perfect for your Labor Day picnic and a great way to use up tomatoes that you may have growing in your backyard (or that are in available in abundance at the farmer’s market!) The recipe features maftoul–hand-rolled couscous made in Israel by women cooperatives. Organic...
Twice a year we travel to New York City for the NyNow Gift Show. We rely on these short, but action-packed, trips to keep growing our connections with our fair trade partners. They are the direct connection to all the artisans who make the products we carry and are…
Many of the items we carry are like works of art, and some are even signed by the creator. This unique feature gives each product its own story and brings the chain of trade full circle.
With so many visitors from all over the world every year, we decided to design a few products that would help people remember their trip to Bar Harbor and still represent the creative handcrafted work of the talented artisans we work with. We love the fact that fair trade…
Wedding Gifts & Registry
Whether you’re shopping for wedding gifts for family or friends or looking for yourself, there are lots of fair trade options. Need a wedding registry? You can easily set up a wishlist on our site, give your list a name and share it with your family and friends. Just click on any product to begin!Wedding Gifts
Tweets from the shop floor
- October isn't over yet! Use #coupon code "ftmonth" for 15% off at http://t.co/43IkTNZ2tK #BeFair http://t.co/jOBsXXTCXe
- #FairTrade #SnackAlert! We found these yummy barkTHINS at Costco. And they were giving out free samples, too!... http://t.co/DXsT8vL3Zl
- We would love your vote! (Even if you haven't been to our Seattle store, we think it's great. Come for a visit!) http://t.co/x4tVgP3ftR
- Anjana and the master-craftsman working on getting colors just right. So cool to see this process in person!... http://t.co/7ddvpv8V5K
- Have a #spooktacular weekend! (And our #FairTradeMonth sale is still going strong! 15% off with code ftmonth at... http://t.co/SX8O4zfUUw
- Not only is it #FairTradeMonth, but this week is National #ChocolateWeek! We'll be happy to remind you why you... http://t.co/q1UX8Hzqjf
- Come by the Stony Brook Village Center for Ladies Night Out from 6-9pm. We will be donating 15% of the days sales... http://t.co/sjkutbOaAf
- #DidYouKnow that when you buy Dean's Beans Organic Coffee Company coffee, $3 from every bag gets donated to Fair... http://t.co/59uA09yJf6
- Love the chocolate covered mint leaves in this mini bundt cake recipe for #FairTradeMonth! http://t.co/tt93UykLoh
Fair Trade Winds
Welcome to Fair Trade Winds, a family owned and operated independent fair trade store. We have seven stores across the country that all carry a variety of practical fair trade gifts that are handmade by talented artisans from around the world. Discover unique, sustainable products from over 100 fair trade producer groups.Find the Perfect Fair Trade Gift
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is a system of trade that focuses on transparency, respect and equality. We support fair trade because we believe it is important to consider the lives and livelihood of the people who make the things we buy. Fair Trade ensures a fair, living wage, a healthy, safe and non-discriminatory work environment, and a commitment to building long-term partnerships that dignify an artisan’s work.Fair Trade Stories