Fair Trade Winds + Momentum
Welcome to Fair Trade Winds + Momentum, a family owned and operated independent fair trade store. We have seven stores across the country that all carry a variety of practical fair trade gifts that are handmade by talented artisans from around the world. Discover unique, sustainable products from over 100 fair trade producer groups. When you shop fair trade, you are voting for a more fair world. Every purchase counts.
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is a system of trade that focuses on transparency, respect and equality. We support fair trade because we believe it is important to consider the lives and livelihood of the people who make the things we buy. Fair Trade ensures a fair, living wage, a healthy, safe and non-discriminatory work environment, and a commitment to building long-term partnerships that dignify an artisan’s work.Fair Trade Resources
Fair Trade Stories
Acacia Creations has a true commitment to people, which is what fair trade is all about. We interview the founder, Maura, about her life and work in Kenya. She tells us the inspiring story of Virginia and her daughter Rachael who has been able to go to school because…
We are deeply disheartened to see the effects of the recent earthquake in Nepal. Many of our dearest fair trade artisan groups work in Nepal and news of the damage has been trickling in from all of them. We are happy to say that so far no lives have…
Myth: Fair trade is unfashionable. Fact: Fair trade designers work to combine the trends of mainstream fashion with the sustainability and inspiration of handcrafted techniques.
Environmental sustainability is one of the 9 fair trade principles, but Matr Boomie takes sustainability to a whole new level. For an inside look into Matr Boomie’s comprehensive Sustainability Report, we caught up with founder, Manish Gupta to ask him some questions.
We just got back from the Annual Fair Trade Federation Conference. It was in Del Mar, CA this year which was a pleasant change of scenery for all the winter-lorn East Coasters. Palm trees, sunshine and outdoor meals at the hotel abounded. We relish these few days together every...
This is the third installment of a series we’re calling “Conversations.” It’s more of an interview series, where we ask our vendor partners questions about their experiences working directly with artisans around the world. You may not know it, but every product we carry has a team of people who...
Katy Leakey, Empowering Maasai Women in Kenya One of the great things about the Fair Trade Federation Conference each year is getting to hear the stories of some of our artisan partners in person and in full detail. This year Katy Leakey of The Leakey Collection was the first Plenary...
Snare Wire Poaching Must Stop Dsenyo, one of our artisan partners, launched a new collection that features jewelry made from recycled snare wire. Snare wire is metal wire used to trap wildlife like lions and elephants. In the last 3 years alone, 100,000 elephants were killed in Africa by...
Tweets from the shop floor
- Who made your clothes? The adorable Summerfest Dress was #handmade by skilled artisans at Mata Traders. #FashRev http://t.co/XD1Y7Y57r2
- Just for you! Enjoy 15% off your entire order online this weekend. Use coupon code: LONGWEEKEND at checkout at... http://t.co/yUPrUELquY
- Our exclusive #jewelry line from Faire Collection has something for everyone in a beautiful color palette. #FairTrade http://t.co/HICyJOn8O9
- Our favorite baby & toddler sundresses & hats are back in stock in #Seattle, just in time for your… https://t.co/SjEmbIbc7T
- Play a beat you can repeat with the #handmade Bee Frame Drum and other #FairTrade instruments from Jamtown. http://t.co/WYUKHlVCGs
- Handmade with Pride: #Handmade with love; #FairTrade products have a story and an impact. http://t.co/NoHowU0rck
- The Hello Dolly Dress is a lovely floral #FairTrade dress that's here just in time for warm weather. http://t.co/pqkZ8hohEy
- #FairTrade your home inside and out with great products from our Fair Trade Your Home #Pinterest board. http://t.co/U345rW5U3d
- Just in time for the long weekend, our 2nd location in #BarHarbor is now open Two stores on Main St. in one tiny... http://t.co/Dx1ZoXgmdC
- Happy Fun-Pattern-Friday! We love #FairTrade almost as much as we love our customers! <3 http://t.co/8VJvRTirPf
- ⭐️ Pineapples, stars & pears, oh my! The sun is begging us outside, and the new Mata Traders dresses are the... http://t.co/hRl6sqBa4B