Here are 10 reasons to shop fair trade you might not have thought of. Fair trade is more than just a marketing ploy used to sell more products. When we buy fair trade products we know they truly have a positive impact.
We talk to many people each day in our fair trade stores, and we want to clarify some common myths that circulate about fair trade. The first is the myth that fair trade products cost more. Read more to see how we debunk this common misconception.
In the first installment of our “Conversations” series, we interview the founder of Malia Designs. She talks about her recent visit to Cambodia, how they develop new products and the important work their partner NGO does to stop human trafficking.
It’s Cactus takes the time to truly connect with every individual they work with, appreciating the unique approach and creativity of each metal artist. One artist named Cineus says, “My dream is to succeed in all activities I undertake in my like as an artist and as a person.” Read how It’s Cactus makes this possible.
Eangee Home Design works with a small group of artisans in the Philippines to create wonderful home accent lighting that is both eco-friendly and modern. They are some of the coolest lamps you’ll ever see—the highlight is that they are made from real leaves!
What better way to welcome some winged beauties into your yard than with a whimsical felt birdhouse? They are made entirely with sustainably harvested materials and the birds love them! Read more to see a before and after of a birdhouse in action.
We attended the world premiere of “Connected by Coffee” in April and whether or not you love coffee, we highly recommend it! An inspiring look at two fair trade companies as they visit their farmer partners. As one farmer says, “The more cups of coffee sold, the more social justice we have in our country.”
Started in 2011 by a couple with a desire to start a business “based on sustainable giving,” Hand in Hand Soap is a company focused on a holistic approach to fair trade. Courtney and Bill found a problem, and then figured out how they could help. Read more about the incredible impact of their “Buy a Bar, Give a Bar” program.
Bali, Bar Harbor Top Products, Jamestown-Top-Products, Wall Art & Decor, Zen-Zen$8.00
Bracelets & Cuffs, Ecuador, Faire Collection, Sustainable Leather$28.00
Tweets from the shop floor
- Garden sale going on at our #Springfield, #Fairfax and #Jamestown stores. 25% off birdhouses, chimes and more! http://t.co/o43JkcW9nm
- Happy Hump Day! In need of chocolate bar pick-me-up? We've got you covered! http://t.co/L5mRxzmIbm
- Hey #Seattle! Last couple days to grab your fav #FairTrade gifts at 25% off before we move to #Ballard. http://t.co/S4kyS2PxZm
- Noah's Ark hand carved in Kenya! Complete with Mr. and Mrs. Noah...and everyone fits in the boat! >>>... http://t.co/v1UlZoCo2O
- Cheers to the start of a great week! (Well, let's skip the clinking and get right to the drinking...coffee of... http://t.co/FEFJcpnFjo
- Having brunch tomorrow? How awesome does this giant cinnamon roll look made right in a skillet! Recipe uses... http://t.co/qQ6iUQdLVQ
- Cool idea from @onefairday where she'll help you find fair trade alternatives. Use #MAKETHISFAIRTRADE | http://t.co/ddmjWNa9UJ
- Joining up Ghana's healthcare to save lives with mobile apps | http://t.co/T6ksWRMGiy
Fair Trade Winds
Welcome to Fair Trade Winds, a family owned and operated independent fair trade store. We have seven stores across the country that all carry a variety of practical fair trade gifts that are handmade by talented artisans from around the world. Discover unique, sustainable products from over 100 fair trade producer groups.
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is a system of trade that focuses on transparency, respect and equality. We support fair trade because we believe it is important to consider the lives and livelihood of the people who make the things we buy. Fair Trade ensures a fair, living wage, a healthy, safe and non-discriminatory work environment, and a commitment to building long-term partnerships that dignify an artisan’s work.