Faces of Fair Trade
Fair Trade Stories
Here are 5 reason to eat fair trade chocolate, including the lack of child labor, protection of the planet, and of course, it tastes great! Read more.
It is a common misconception that fair trade is a form of charity. While it does help artisans working in developing countries break the cycle of poverty, fair trade does not rely on handouts. Read more on the blog!
This summer salad is perfect for your Labor Day picnic and a great way to use up tomatoes that you may have growing in your backyard (or that are in available in abundance at the farmer’s market!) The recipe features maftoul–hand-rolled couscous made in Israel by women cooperatives. Organic...
Twice a year we travel to New York City for the NyNow Gift Show. We rely on these short, but action-packed, trips to keep growing our connections with our fair trade partners. They are the direct connection to all the artisans who make the products we carry and are…
Many of the items we carry are like works of art, and some are even signed by the creator. This unique feature gives each product its own story and brings the chain of trade full circle.
With so many visitors from all over the world every year, we decided to design a few products that would help people remember their trip to Bar Harbor and still represent the creative handcrafted work of the talented artisans we work with. We love the fact that fair trade…
Perhaps the biggest fair trade myth is the misconception that fair trade refers only to coffee and for products, when in reality there are thousands of unique fair trade products ranging from spices, baby bibs, coffins, grapes, vodka, boxers & more. You just have to seek them out!
Summer is a great time to get in the fair trade frame of mind. Whether you make a batch of fair trade sun tea, take a pocket disc to the beach, or keep an eye out for fair trade products as you travel, it’s easy to fair trade…
Wedding Gifts & Registry
Whether you’re shopping for wedding gifts for family or friends or looking for yourself, there are lots of fair trade options. Need a wedding registry? You can easily set up a wishlist on our site, give your list a name and share it with your family and friends. Just click on any product to begin!Wedding Gifts
Tweets from the shop floor
- Fun with #blockprinting today! #FairTrade #artproject #handmadeinindia #Ballard @ Fair Trade Winds http://t.co/gFdBITbozg
- Customer Emily is rockin' the New Hampshire skirt in #Ballard! #fairtrade #seattle #nofilter @ Fair… http://t.co/8PwLtEvLUa
- Mmmmm @_anchorhead cold brew and scones in #Ballard! Come celebrate our grand opening :) http://t.co/eoTvpjUT6y
- Give this Divine Chocolate USA Chocolate Cranberry Cookies #recipe a try this weekend! Pretty easy recipe, using... http://t.co/jmumPLC8OS
- New on the blog: 5 Reasons to Eat #FairTrade Chocolate (and no, they're not all "it's delicious" - although it... http://t.co/scwe9ho1gT
- 5 Reasons to Eat #FairTrade Chocolate (and no, they're not all "it's delicious")! http://t.co/Y5QGBtcE21
- #Seattle friends, join us on Saturday from noon-6 pm to celebrate our grand opening in #Ballard! Raffle for... http://t.co/8DVK1PTMij
- Vote for Fair Trade Winds on the 2014 Best of Western Washington http://t.co/qkKq5UOlSy via @KING5Best
- If you've ever wondered how our Zulugrass jewelry is made, check this photo out! Here, the beads are drying after... http://t.co/dOxkb0M5Qr
- Anchorhead #coffee has arrived in #Ballard! Can't wait to brew up some of these great smelling beans! http://t.co/zHWyYLMZXS
- A lot of companies still look like this, a bunch of men…now there's a certification called Economic Dividends for... http://t.co/cXnXWomf5p
Fair Trade Winds
Welcome to Fair Trade Winds, a family owned and operated independent fair trade store. We have seven stores across the country that all carry a variety of practical fair trade gifts that are handmade by talented artisans from around the world. Discover unique, sustainable products from over 100 fair trade producer groups.Find the Perfect Fair Trade Gift
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is a system of trade that focuses on transparency, respect and equality. We support fair trade because we believe it is important to consider the lives and livelihood of the people who make the things we buy. Fair Trade ensures a fair, living wage, a healthy, safe and non-discriminatory work environment, and a commitment to building long-term partnerships that dignify an artisan’s work.Fair Trade Stories