Faces of Fair Trade
Fair Trade Stories
It’s that time of year for the spooky celebrations of Halloween and Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos). Shop Fair Trade Winds’ selection of decor, gifts, and chocolate to make these holidays fair and full of meaning. Day of the Dead We are particularly fascinated by the...
October is Fair Trade Month! It’s time to celebrate! There are tons of ways you can join the festivities this month. Check out some great giveaways from cool fair trade organizations.
Myth: Fair trade products are low quality. Fact: fair trade products are lovingly handmade & unique. Read more to see how we debunk this common misconception.
Here are 5 reason to eat fair trade chocolate, including the lack of child labor, protection of the planet, and of course, it tastes great! Read more.
It is a common misconception that fair trade is a form of charity. While it does help artisans working in developing countries break the cycle of poverty, fair trade does not rely on handouts. Read more on the blog!
This summer salad is perfect for your Labor Day picnic and a great way to use up tomatoes that you may have growing in your backyard (or that are in available in abundance at the farmer’s market!) The recipe features maftoul–hand-rolled couscous made in Israel by women cooperatives. Organic...
Twice a year we travel to New York City for the NyNow Gift Show. We rely on these short, but action-packed, trips to keep growing our connections with our fair trade partners. They are the direct connection to all the artisans who make the products we carry and are…
Many of the items we carry are like works of art, and some are even signed by the creator. This unique feature gives each product its own story and brings the chain of trade full circle.
Wedding Gifts & Registry
Whether you’re shopping for wedding gifts for family or friends or looking for yourself, there are lots of fair trade options. Need a wedding registry? You can easily set up a wishlist on our site, give your list a name and share it with your family and friends. Just click on any product to begin!Wedding Gifts
Tweets from the shop floor
- I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/BwquVDUsbz
- Our #Jamestown, RI store is expanding to an adjoining space next door! Same address (47 Conanicus Ave.) but more... http://t.co/LcFDjP8MSS
- Not sure the term "poverty porn" helps elevate the discussion of real poverty and what can be done about it, but... http://t.co/hgVoMdNPKb
- Stop by for Trick-or-FAIR TRADE treats at our #StonyBrook and #Seattle stores tomorrow! Look forward to seeing... http://t.co/K03JwF7PYD
- Don't miss our #FaireCollection sale! #FashionForward #FairTrade #jewelry and #infinityscarves >> http://t.co/rxMWGQ6sZi #treatyourself
- We are thankful for our partnership with Malia Designs! Shop our collection here >> http://t.co/LQ8aiDAWV0... http://t.co/etDUvFvqhQ
- Warm, cozy, irresistible #alpaca scarves are now online! A staff & customer fav: http://t.co/hdsE5OzGyD #Ecuador #fairtrade #winterwear
- 5 more Tuesdays until Fair Tuesday! This #ethical shopping movement is in response to Black Friday and Cyber... http://t.co/ASC0VahgZk
- It might be time for a flower cloche hat... #fall #chilly #ballard #Seattle #fairtrade #knitwear @… http://t.co/dCni1cCUun
- Our #FairTradeMonth sale ends 10/31! Use code "ftmonth" for 15% off at http://t.co/oMEO75rkQe or mention in any... http://t.co/xpTgjpfDdE
Fair Trade Winds
Welcome to Fair Trade Winds, a family owned and operated independent fair trade store. We have seven stores across the country that all carry a variety of practical fair trade gifts that are handmade by talented artisans from around the world. Discover unique, sustainable products from over 100 fair trade producer groups.Find the Perfect Fair Trade Gift
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is a system of trade that focuses on transparency, respect and equality. We support fair trade because we believe it is important to consider the lives and livelihood of the people who make the things we buy. Fair Trade ensures a fair, living wage, a healthy, safe and non-discriminatory work environment, and a commitment to building long-term partnerships that dignify an artisan’s work.Fair Trade Stories