Fair Trade Winds
Welcome to Fair Trade Winds, a family owned and operated independent fair trade store. We have seven stores across the country that all carry a variety of practical fair trade gifts that are handmade by talented artisans from around the world. Discover unique, sustainable products from over 100 fair trade producer groups. When you shop fair trade, you are voting for a more fair world. Every purchase counts.Find the Perfect Fair Trade Gift
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is a system of trade that focuses on transparency, respect and equality. We support fair trade because we believe it is important to consider the lives and livelihood of the people who make the things we buy. Fair Trade ensures a fair, living wage, a healthy, safe and non-discriminatory work environment, and a commitment to building long-term partnerships that dignify an artisan’s work.Fair Trade Resources
Fair Trade Stories
We’re excited to announce our upcoming Benefit Shopping Event in partnership with Days for Girls, a non-profit with chapters across the world working to provide sustainable hygiene and health education to girls in over 70 countries. Days for Girls has provided hygiene kits to over 100,000 girls so far. Their...
Myth: Fair trade takes away jobs in the U.S. Fact: Fair trade exists to help the world’s poorest communities and represents crafts and foods not found in the U.S. It is a common misunderstanding that fair trade siphons jobs away from the U.S. to all parts of the world....
All of the Good Stuff, None of the Bad Love is in the air, and lots of chocolate is being purchased for February 14! Do you know the story behind the chocolate bars that you buy? We sell only fair trade chocolate at Fair Trade Winds and Momentum, so...
Thank you to everyone who made 2014 a great year for fair trade! We look forward to telling you more fair trade stories, sharing the incredible work of fair trade organizations committed to making real, positive change in the world, and discovering more and more wonderful handcrafted products as…
As we roll into the new year, we want to be sure to thank everyone who has contributed a little idea to the Big Idea of fair trade in 2014. Just because fair trade isn’t flashy, it still has an impact, probably a more-lasting one than you might think….
Read how fair trade helps keep the art of block printing alive in northern India and the impact it has on artisans’ lives. Plus, get a detailed account of the many intricate steps of block carving and block printing.
In October we traveled to India to visit the block-print artisans of Jubilee Traders. See fair trade in action and learn about our growing relationships with these extremely talented artisans. It was such a great experience to be a part of their world, if only for a few days!…
It’s that time of year for the spooky celebrations of Halloween and Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos). Shop Fair Trade Winds’ selection of decor, gifts, and chocolate to make these holidays fair and full of meaning. Day of the Dead We are particularly fascinated by the...
Tweets from the shop floor
- Can we or should we bring #nonGMO #organic & #fairtrade into one label? @Guayaki #FTFDelMar :: What's next in fair trade panel
- Value added of #FairTrade is the celebration of good people & the planet. Certification is just one part of it. @NumiTea #FTFDelMar
- What's next for #FairTrade? Discussion w/ @AlterEcoSF @NumiTea @Guayaki @DivineChocUSA @BigTreeFarms #FTFDelMar http://t.co/IbtFgr68aa
- "There's a disconnect between how we want the world to be & how we act" Stacey Toews of @LGTrading #FTFDelMar http://t.co/Bw7b9oTEiA
- We had a blast with the Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps crew dancing and spraying #MagicFoam at the Fair Trade... http://t.co/W0mVJafbXQ
- How to build consumer trust: Good intentions & telling stories are not the same as transparency :: @theochocolate
- Food & Farm symposium w/ @theochocolate & @DrBronner on true transparency in #FairTrade. #FTFDelMar http://t.co/uvkI4yrVR3
- Did you know there are now 262 @FTFederation members? Each member is fully committed to #FairTrade. #FTFDelMar