We’re always on the lookout for more ways to use Fair Trade ingredients. This chocolate banana ice cream recipe is so easy to make, we just had to share – you don’t even need an ice cream maker! If you want to go the vegan route, you can easily substitute soy milk for the half & half, it’s just there to help blend. We like this recipe because it gives you a way to use that hot cocoa mix that’s just sitting in your cupboard until next winter. The hot cocoa mix also gives the ice cream a sweetness, so you shouldn’t need to add any sugar.
Fair Trade Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Bananas (as many or as few as you’d like)
Hot Cocoa Mix
Half & Half
Organic, Fair Trade Certified Bananas from Whole Foods
Organic, Fair Trade Hot Cocoa Mix from Fair Trade Winds (by Equal Exchange)
Organic Half & Half
Step by Step Directions
- Peel and cut your desired number of bananas into thin slices.
- Seal your bananas in a bag or container and freeze for 1 to 2 hours.
- In the meantime, make the chocolate sauce! Use 1 tablespoon of hot cocoa powder plus 1 tablespoon of half & half for each banana you used. Blend.
- After the bananas are frozen, put them in a bowl and pour your chocolate sauce in. Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with mint or powdered sugar and enjoy!