Find fair trade clothing, jewelry, kitchenware, and gifts near Olympia, WA
Visit our fair trade gift shop in Seattle for unique handmade finds from around the world. Each and every product has a story and celebrates the handcrafted traditions of the artisans.
- Handcrafted items from all over the world for the home
- Support fair trade, get to know the artisans
- Special gifts for any age and occasion
Easiest Driving Directions from Olympia
From I-5 – Heading North on I-5 take exit 169 toward NE 45th St. Follow the signs toward NE 45th St and remain in the left lane. Turn left on NE 45th St. Follow NE 45th St. for 1 mile. After crossing the Stone Way intersection follow the road as it bends toward the right on Midvale Pl which then turns into N 46th St. Continue down N 46th St. as it heads downhill winding into NW Market St. Continue on NW Market St. for a 1.5 miles before turning left onto 22nd Ave NW. Continue for a block before turning left onto Ballard Ave. Fair Trade Winds is located half a block down on the west side of Ballard Ave at 5329 Ballard Ave NW.
From Highway 99 – Follow Highway 99 North through downtown Seattle. Continue on 99 for 4 miles after downtown. After crossing over the bridge take the N 46th St exit. Stay in the left lane upon exiting and make a left onto N 46th St. Then continue in the right lane on N 46th St for .5 mile before the road winds downhill toward NW Market St. Continue on NW Market St. for 1.5 miles until 22nd Ave NW. Make a left onto 22nd Ave NW and continue a block until Ballard Ave. Fair Trade Winds is located half a block down on the west side of Ballard Ave at 5329 Ballard Ave NW.
- I wandered into this store a few weeks ago shopping for a friends' gift. I wanted to buy everything! Super unique fair trade handmade crafts, purses, bags, home stuff, jewelry, musical instruments, wall decor, chocolate, kid stuff, clothing, scarves and gloves... wonderful colors, textures, fabrics. All high quality but good price range: small stuff and bigger fancier things, so I was more than able to get a really unique gift without breaking the bank. I highly recommend this place for getting gifts, the friendly staff, supporting fair trade and getting lost in another world for a little while!
- Everything is about fair trade goods in this store. Fair trade stuff are sometimes not so cool, unfashionable etc... But this store is full of cute stuff and good selection. Many of them are made in Mexico, Guatemala, Kenya etc... I bought cute angel earrings made in Mexico and I feel happy with wearing them! There are some good selected books also and it was a nice coincidence when I found a book 'Mountains beyond mountains' by Tracy Kidder piled up on the shelf which I just finished reading before coming by the store. Mie T. Seattle, WA