5 Easy Ways to Celebrate Fair Trade Month
1) Check out our Fair Trade People Pinterest board
- Fair Trade Month is all about celebrating the talented people behind the products we love.
- Supporting farmers and artisans who are marginalized and let down by unfair trade policies is what fair trade is all about.
- There are lots of other “fair trade people” too, including the many fair trade organizations working to bring fair trade products to market, people who visit artisans and farmers in their homes and workshops to ensure their needs are being met, people advocating to make trade policies more fair, and people like YOU who comb the aisles of the grocery or the virtual internet aisles for fair trade products, increasing demand in the market. All of these people are equally important in creating a world that celebrate people and the planet over power and profits.
2) Enter to win fair trade goodies
- Fair Trade America Giveaways – They will announce giveaways on their blog throughout the month including a glamping bundle, a coffee break bundle, a new parents bundle, and a baker bundle and a grand prize bundle with tons of great fair trade treats from their partners.
- Fair Trade USA Giveaways – They’re holding daily giveaways and all you have to do is enter your name, email and why you support fair trade on their site befair.org.
3) Bake/Cook with Fair Trade Ingredients
- We’ve got lots of recipe ideas on our Pinterest Board featuring yummy fair trade ingredients. Or, you can get creative and use any of your favorite recipes and just swap in fair trade ingredients like sugar, vanilla extract, honey, chocolate, rice, olive oil etc.
4) Buy a fair trade gift for a friend and share the product’s story
- Every time you hear or tell the story of a fair trade artisan or farmer, you help to bring their struggle against unfair trade to light and help them create a brighter future for their families and communities. It may not seem like much, just buying someone a present, but it has such a tremendous positive impact on small communities around the world.
5) Spread the Word!
- use the hashtag #FairTradeMonth on social media this month to raise awareness and help us celebrate!
- share this post on your Facebook page and tell your friends to celebrate fair trade month with you! Just click on the blue Facebook icon at the top right on this page to share!